This year’s update will reflect on the transformation of the Chinese economy over the past four decades, drawing out the key lessons from China’s model of growth and development.
The forum will also explore what the world can expect from China’s economic policy in the future.
- Professor Ross Garnaut, Distinguished Professor, ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
- Professor Dwight Perkins, Harvard University
- Professor Nicholas Lardy, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Professor Yiping Huang, Peking University
- Professor Xiaobo Zhang, Peking University
A closing keynote address will be provided by former Chief Economist of the World Bank, Professor Justin Yifu Lin.
The event will include the launch of the annual China Update Book on Thursday 19 July at University House. The 2018 edition, “China’s Forty Years of Reform and Development: 1978-2018”, will also be available online via ANU Press.
The China Update is hosted by the ANU China Economy Program (CEP).
Additional information about the 2018 Update and a full program are available here.
Media are invited to attend.
WHAT: 2018 ANU China Update
WHERE: Molonglo Theatre, JG Crawford building 132, Lennox Crossing, ANU
WHEN: From 8:45am Friday 20 July 2018
For media assistance, contact the ANU Media Team on +61 2 6125 7979 or at <email@example.com>.