The telephone survey will contact 10,000 randomly selected residents in the ACT.
Director for the Centre for Gambling Research, Dr Marisa Paterson, is encouraging everyone contacted to participate in the survey.
“This is the ACT community’s opportunity to have their say on gambling and how it impacts on them, their family and the community,” she said.
- The survey will take five to 20 minutes and all information gathered will be confidential.
- Participants will be asked about their gambling behaviour, attitudes and how others’ gambling effects them.
- The information collected will help the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission monitor the social and economic impacts of gambling in the ACT.
- Language services are available to complete the survey.
- The survey results will be released in October 2019.
Further information about the survey can be found here: https://srcentre.com.au/our-research/act-gambling-prevalence-survey-2019
Name: Marisa Paterson, Director Centre for Gambling Research
College: Research School of Social Sciences
M: 0436 811 151
For media assistance, contact Rachel Curtis +61 459 879 726 or the ANU Media Team on +61 2 6125 7979 or at .