This 2018 Update aims to chart some of the national, regional and international policy challenges confronting the Philippines and what its constitutional, legal, business and security pathways are likely to look like in the coming years.
The keynote speaker at the two-day conference is Secretary Benjamin E. Diokno, Department of Budget and Management, Philippines. He will be speaking on the structural fiscal reforms planned by the Duterte administration.
Other speakers will include:
- Dr Imelda Deinla, Postdoctoral Fellow, ANU School of Regulation & Global Governance
- Paolo Camacho, Asia Foundation
- Rosalie Arcala-Hall, University of the Philippines
- Clarke Jones, Research Fellow, ANU Research School of Psychology
- Georgi Engelbrecht, European Union
- Professor Paul Hutchcroft, ANU Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs
- Ronald Mendoza, Ateneo de Manila University
The forum will be hosted by the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific. A full program is available http://regnet.anu.edu.au/news-events/events/7049/philippines-update-2018-contesting-philippines?tb=general_information#tab
Media are invited to attend.
WHO: Benjamin E. Diokno, Dr Imelda Deinla, full list as above
WHAT: Philippines Update 2018: Contesting the Philippines
WHERE: Great Hall, University House, Balmain Cres, ANU
WHEN: Friday 25 May to Saturday 26 May 2018
For media assistance, contact the ANU media hotline on 02 6125 7979.