Crawford Australian Leadership Forum
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 — Foreign Minister Julie Bishop and RBA Governor Philip Lowe will be among influential leaders in business, politics, government and academia to come together for the 2017 Crawford Australian Leadership Forum at The Australian National University (ANU) from 18 to 20 June.
The theme of the 2017 Crawford Australian Leadership Forum is “Global Realities, Domestic Choices: Responding to a Digitalising, Deglobalising, Post-truth world”.
The forum will get underway on at 3pm Sunday 18 June with Chief Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme and former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark ONZ delivering the Crawford Oration: The leadership we need - sustainable development challenges.
Throughput the event participants will discuss major policy issues confronting Australia and the world.
Other key speakers include:
- Philip Lowe, Governor, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Jennifer Westacott, Chief Executive, Business Council of Australia.
- Penny Wong MP, Senator and Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Gareth Evans AC QC Chancellor, ANU.
- Andrew Leigh MP, Shadow Assistant Treasurer.
- Patrick Dodson, Senator for Western Australia.
- Stephanie Fahey, Chief Executive Officer, Austrade.
- David Thodey AO, Chairman, CSIRO.
- Heather Smith PSM, Secretary, Department of Communications and the Arts.
- Michael Pezzullo, Secretary, Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Chris Moraitis PSM, Secretary, Attorney-General’s Department
- Frances Adamson, Secretary, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
For more information and a full program visit https://calf.crawford.anu.edu.au/calf-2017.
Media interested in attending are asked to register with email@example.com.
WHAT: 2017 Crawford Australian Leadership Forum
WHERE: JG Crawford building 132, Lennox Crossing, ANU
WHEN: 18-20 June 2017
For media assistance, contact the ANU Media hotline on 6125 7979.