In grant outcomes announced on Thursday 2 August, ANU will lead one ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre (ITTC), and nine prestigious Future Fellowships have been awarded to ANU researchers.
The ARC Training Centre for Multiscale 3D Imaging, Modelling and Manufacturing, which will be overseen by Professor Mark Knackstedt from the ANU Research School of Physics and Engineering, was awarded nearly $4 million dollars. The centre will connect ANU with 16 industry and research partners to train a new generation of researchers and practitioners in the emerging discipline of digital materials. The partners include local, national and international companies and research organisations.
Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) Professor Michael Cardew-Hall said the grants recognised the depth and excellence in research across the University.
“I’m delighted that ANU has been awarded this Training Centre. Congratulations to Mark Knackstedt and his collaborators on this important industry initiative.”
The ANU researchers recognised with an ARC Future Fellowship are working on diverse projects including wheat disease and the formation of the first stars in the universe.
The Future Fellows awarded this round are:
- Dr Fedor Iskhakov – ANU College of Business and Economics
- Anthony Licata – ANU College of Science
- Benjamin Schwessinger – ANU College of Science
- Liam McGuinness – ANU College of Science
- Mark Krumholz – ANU College of Science
- Bishakhdatta Gayen – ANU College of Science
- Christoph Federrath – ANU College of Science
- Thomas White – ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science
- Hongjie An – ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science
“It is wonderful to see some of our best and brightest researchers recognised in this way,” Professor Cardew-Hall said.
“Their various research outcomes will change the lives of everyday Australians.”
More information about the successful projects is available on the ARC website.
For media assistance, contact the ANU media hotline on 02 6125 7979 or at <email@example.com>.