International and Australian experts in gender, sexuality and religious freedoms will join leaders from the ‘yes’ campaigns in Australia and Ireland to look at the legal and political issues associated with marriage equality campaigns.
Speakers at the symposium include:
- Tiernan Brady – Campaigner for Marriage Equality in Ireland and Australia
- Rosemary Auchmuty – Legal scholar, University of Reading, UK
- David Paternotte – Sociologist, Université libre de Bruxelles, Brussels
- Alex Greenwich – NSW Independent MP
- Gemma Killen, PhD student, ANU School of Sociology
Tiernan Brady led the ‘Yes Equality” campaign in Ireland and was the Executive Director of the Equality Campaign in Australia.
He will take part in a Q&A session with Simon Copland, a PhD researcher from the ANU School of Sociology.
Rosemary Auchmuty and David Paternotte will deliver the keynote addresses.
This forum is the signature event of the ANU Gender Institute for 2018.
It is also supported by the ANU School of Sociology, the ANU school of Politics and International Relations and the ANU College of Law.
A full program is available online.
WHO: Rosemary Auchmuty and David Paternotte (keynote speakers), other international and local experts.
WHAT: ‘Happy Anniversary? Reflecting on Marriage Equality’
WHERE: Hedley Bull building, 130 Garran Road, ANU
WHEN: 12-13 November 2018
For media assistance, contact the ANU media hotline on 02 6125 7979 or at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.