The event will focus on the role women play in shaping and delivering national security policy, and discuss contemporary national security issues defined by power and change.
Highlights of the conference include:
- The Hon Julie Bishop MP on “The Future of Power”
- Chief of the Australian Defence Force General Angus Campbell on “Defence and security professions of the future”
- Secretary of the Department of Home Affairs Michael Pezzullo on “Data analysis, privacy and national security”
- Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs Frances Adamson on “The Game of Throne effect: the interrelationship between role models and reality for women in international security”
- Madelyn Creedon, former Principal Deputy Administrator of US National Nuclear Security Administration
- Dr Chantal de Jonge Oudraat, President of Women in International Security
The conference will be held on Wednesday 24 October and Thursday 25 October at Hyatt Canberra. Media are welcome to attend. A copy of the program available here.
For media assistance, contact Jo Meehan +61 436 605 635 or the ANU Media Team on +61 2 6125 7979 or at <email@example.com>.